– Feeling pretty bent out of shape lately. I’ve been moody, too.
Here’s an in progress of Kenneth’s piece:
– And in progress piece titled; ‘Stuntman’:
– I deeply love this song.
– That’s what my thesis is about now! Televisual catharsis.
Where I will explore and investigate contemporary televised catharsis and how it functions to provide empathetic experiences that are not commonly considered or contemplated. The research supports the relevance of tragedy [in select series] and the different ways in which it is defined; how it serves as the lens of human experience–and how it creates an exploration of second-hand empathy. The six thesis illustrations accompanying this will focus solely on the dark aesthetic featured in two shows in particular; Breaking Bad & The Wire. My contention, however, is to also explore what catharsis means–on behalf of my fascination in the emotional release that is experienced after feeling and expressing one’s emotions about a traumatic event.
– Plus… the beautiful flower cactus living in my studio.
– ALSO re-designed my Tumblr.
– Had an amazing NYE in downtown Seattle–sang many songs, danced [even in my chair], played games and drank hella. I haven’t had such an enjoyable NYE party in a long time. The night before, Qais and I headed over to The Mercury to meet some friends. Two nights in a row drinking.
– Tomorrow morning, I fly off to San Francisco for my art show. This week is turning out to be an adventure. Although, I’m worried about getting the artwork/frames there safely.
– Will update again when I get to California and start painting the gallery mural!
– Resolutions, goals–what have you. Every year I make a new list, and surprisingly enough I accomplish most of what’s on it!
1. Get an internship.
3. Complete an amazing thesis.
4. Obtain a job in Seattle when I move [May 2012]
5. Have two/three more gallery shows [solo show?]
6. Build a cliental [start my career]
7. At least a few photoshoots.
8. Save hella money and easily pay back loans.
9. Buy a puppy when I move?
10. Get published in three magazines.
-I’m excited for the future.
My list of number one products out there concerning make-up and looking hott. Let’s go.
1. MAC Skin-finish Natural [light]
– This stuff is the best. If you use a good primer, it’ll look as if you don’t have any foundation/powder on at all. This is the ONLY MAC foundation I’ll use. Everything else at MAC is WAY too cakey and noticeable. Gross.
Plus, it lasts you quite a while, definitely over six months. $29
2. MAC “Cranberry” Eyeshadow:
– This’ll make your green / blue eyes sexy as all hell. Everyone I know / meet loves it. Ladies at the Bank while making a deposit, people on the street, guys in class, etc. People will be talking to you at the bus stop, not leaving you alone. $15
3. Benefit San Francisco’s POREfessional
– Put this shit on after you moisturize and before you apply foundation. You REALLY want to look naturally beautiful? Naturally sexy? This covers up ALL of your pores. It smoothes out your skin and feels like sculpey. Bizarre texture, but it feels so good after you apply it. The whole world will try to bone you and your skin will even smell good. Please take my word for it. $29
4. Maybelline Eye-Brow-Liner
– There’s no need to spend so much money on this utensil. It looks natural and is more affordable than other brow liners. These babies give shape to your eyebrows, thus making them look more defined and sultry. $13
– These are the only make-up products I strongly advise you to at least try.
This is the room I’m in, eighteen hours of the day. Sometimes more. Not always working, of course. As sad as that sounds, I love it. When I graduate in May and move to Seattle I’m setting up an even cozier room for work / drawing / sleep / cuddles.
– My little table of goodies! And my small pile of jewelry in a bowl on the bottom right…
– And here is my Familiar! She is the most loving cat you’ll ever know. ❤
I’ve been wanting to do this for a while. List and briefly talk about the beauty products I use and recommend. I have friends who often ask what’s what, and from now on I can point them in this direction.
Note: My skin requires more abrasive products, because my skin is oily and used to break out pretty badly. If you have really sensitive, normal/dry skin–some of these recommendations are not for you.
1. Dr.Bronner’s, preferably the peppermint flavor. It lasts a long time, and really cleans the skin unlike anything else. You already know. $8 – $16
2. Tea Tree Toner, from LUSH. Tea tree oil is the best for skin like mine, it makes my skin glow and look ‘radiant’. $8
3. Josie Maran’s Argan oil. If you have big pores/oily skin–THIS IS FUCKING FOR YOU. Oil + oil cancels itself out, trust me. If you use it too much, it kind of makes your skin dry. This controls oil like nothing else out there. $45
5. Benefit San Francisco’s Dr.Feel-good. This covers pores so that you can’t see them. AT ALL. It’s fucking amazing. Smells good and makes me feel beautiful. $29
Stay tuned for next week when I post about hair recommendations, and make-up! :p