– Feeling pretty bent out of shape lately. I’ve been moody, too.
Here’s an in progress of Kenneth’s piece:
– And in progress piece titled; ‘Stuntman’:
– I deeply love this song.
– So, this whole time I’ve been re-designing my website in it’s entirety. The way it looks RIGHT NOW–is awful. Looks nothing like my style. It’s just UGLY. Anyway, I was working with Wix and planned on transferring my domain name. However…
Last night I randomly started looking at other female artists’ websites. I realized that–if I’m going to be a PROFESSIONAL artist / illustrator / designer, I can’t afford to compromise on first impressions–the site I have now / have been working on–it is not the BEST I can do. I need to apply myself entirely. So I’m starting from scratch and making this site look more like what Nubbly Twiglet made for some of her clients.
– I’m also going to be at ECCC at the end of March. Can’t wait for that!
– Here’s some stuff I’ve made lately:
– In progress piece for thesis:
– Still life drawing:
– Observational drawing:
– Annnnddd I love this song.
– I’ve been re-designing my entire website… I couldn’t deal with the bleaky templates anymore. I needed something more ‘Zamudio’-ish. It’s not my ultimate dream-site yet, but…
– I also made my business cards so that you can shrinky-dink them! I want to shrink my cards in case I get mouse clients…
Speaking of clients–I had a lovely meeting with one of them this afternoon at Blue Moon. Other than that, I’ve been swamped with homework / thesis work.
– My apologies for it taking me a while to update!
– I didn’t take any photos of the opening night at D-Structure [on lower Haight street]–mainly because I was too busy talking people into buying my work, meeting new artists and drinking.
– Six of my pieces will be here on display all month long! I’m anxious to know if I’ve sold anything since last week’s opening.
– Right now I am working on thumbnails / prompts for my thesis. Meeting with my professor Martin French on Friday.
– Working for three different clients right now. The money from that, the work in SF, and my last refund check should put me in a good place as far as being financially prepared for my move to downtown Seattle in June.
– School starts again next week. Last semester of college, and in May I finally obtain my Bachelor’s degree. 🙂
– I’ve never been more stressed out in my life, and it’s just me doing it to myself. But there’s so much pressure. Everyone in my department is hagard, including me.
– Still trying to find the middle ground between posting art and getting into my more personal opinions.
– I just want to stay up for a few days and get through the work.
– So incredibly exhausted this last week. I hit the ground running when I got back from Seattle. Luckily, tomorrow is my Friday and I can relax a little. I’ve been driving to school lately as well, which makes for a better day. Commuting is a real drag.
– You can’t even tell what’s going on. Nevermind, I guess I’ll show you a better in-progress shot later. Maybe tomorrow I’ll post my thesis speech that I’ve been working on. The trial run on Tuesday in my Professional Practices class went pretty well. Here’s a preview of the first slide for my thesis proposal in two weeks:
– So tired already.